Thank you for your interest in the NFLPA Financial Advisors Registration Program (“Program”)! We are now accepting new applications for registration in the Program. Please review the NFLPA Regulations and Code of Conduct Governing Registered Player Financial Advisors (“Regulations”). The eligibility requirements for advisors include but are not limited to the following:
1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
2. Minimum of eight (8) years of licensed experience (qualifying licenses include FINRA series licenses, Attorney, CPA or an insurance license).
3. Minimum of $4 million of insurance coverage, through professional liability, errors & omissions or a fidelity bond.
4. No civil, criminal or regulatory history related to fraud.
5. No pending customer complaints or litigation at the time of application.
6. Must not maintain custody of player funds unless deemed a qualified custodian
As stated above, these are not all of the requirements. Therefore, please take the time to review the full NFLPA Regulations and Code of Conduct Governing Registered Player Financial Advisors.
The 2018 application period is open from June 1st through 30th 2017.
All advisors applying to the Program must submit an application and participate in a full background investigation. The Application fee is $2,000.00 and is non-refundable; the membership fee is $500.00. The total fee is $2,500.00 and must be submitted with the application. All fees collected by the NFLPA are used exclusively to defray the costs affiliated with the operation of the non-profit Financial Advisor Registration Program.
If you have any questions, please contact Jasmine Brown at (800) 372-2000.